- Issue Time
When we use glass bottles to store liquids and food, we need to sterilize the glass bottles. This article will introduce how to sterilize glass bottles.
There are many ways to sterilize glass bottles, and we perform corresponding sterilization according to different glass bottles and the types of stored food. The following is the specific method of sterilizing glass bottles.
The safest disinfection method is suitable for foods that do not require heating and stored foods that are stored for a long time.
(1) Wash empty glass bottles and lids.
(2) Put the glass bottle horizontally into the pot, pour in cold water, just submerge the bottle with the amount of water, and then heat it over medium heat. Glass is more sensitive to temperature changes, so pour cold water into it and gradually heat up.
(3) After the water starts to boil, turn the heat to medium-low and cook for another 10 minutes. If the glass bottle is not completely submerged in water, you can flip the bottle body with a clamp to iron the bottle completely.
(4) After removing the bottle with a clamp, place it on a clean dishcloth or kitchen paper towel to dry. The moisture on the lid should also be completely removed.
Large bottles that cannot be boiled and sterilized in a pot can be sterilized with distilled spirits with high alcohol content (above 35°) or edible alcohol.
(1) After washing glass bottles with lids, let them dry.
(2) Soak the kitchen paper towel with alcohol, and carefully wipe the inside, outside, and cap of the glass bottle. Put the bottle upright on a kitchen towel to dry.
(3) For glass bottles with narrow necks, you can pour an appropriate amount of alcohol, and then shake them up and down for disinfection. After disinfection, put the bottle upright on a kitchen towel to dry.
It is suitable for storing heated ingredients and short-term storage foods. To prepare heat-resistant glass bottles that can be heated at high temperatures, the metal caps must be sterilized separately.
(1) After washing the glass bottle and lid, let it dry.
(2) Preheat the oven to 110°C, then put the glass bottle in the preheated oven and heat for 25-30 minutes.
(3) Put the bottle upright on top of kitchen towels and let cool.
Exhaust the air in the glass bottle
Preserved foods such as jams and cans need to be heated. When storing such foods, pay attention to expelling the air in the glass bottles. If there is air remaining in the bottle, the food material will deteriorate due to oxidation reaction, so it is best to exhaust the air in the bottle after filling the food material.
(1) Put the ingredients into glass storage bottles and buckle the lid, but do not close it tightly.
(2) Put the glass bottle in the pot, pour in cold water, and submerge it to 1/7 height of the bottle. Heat on low heat and cook for 25-30 minutes.
(3) Take out the glass bottle, close the lid tightly, put it upside down for 5 minutes, and then turn it over to save.
We have many things to pay attention to in the process of sterilizing glass bottles, otherwise, it will cause safety problems in use. But our glass bottles fully meet the quality production standards, and 100% are recyclable, so there is no need to worry about the safety of use. And we also have corresponding customized services that can turn your ideas into products.
As a professional glass container manufacturer, we have a complete supply chain and rich manufacturing experience. We are committed to providing high-quality glass bottles for the personal care and food and beverage industries. If you want to know about related customized services and solutions, please contact us immediately!