- Issue Time
In this article, DAS Packaging has sorted out the main structure and processing precautions of glass bottle molds to help you better understand the manufacturing process of glass bottles.
Glass bottle mold is an indispensable tool for the mass production of glass bottle products. The quality of the mold directly affects the dimensional accuracy, smoothness, smoothness, and average thickness of the glass bottle. According to statistics, glass bottle defects caused by glass bottle molds and related factors account for more than 50% of glass bottle defects in the molding process. Therefore, DAS Packaging has sorted out the main structure and processing precautions of the following glass bottle molds for you.
The main structure of the glass bottle mold
The mold for glass bottle production is roughly divided into seven parts. The production cycle of a set of molds takes about 8 to 20 days. The shape and process complexity of the glass bottle determine the length of the mold production cycle.
(1) Preliminary mold: as the name implies, is a mold that preliminarily shapes the shape of the glass bottle to be produced.
(2) Molding: the main mold, shapes the shape of the glass bottle.
(3) Funnel: the funnel is the process before the glass solution falls from the automatic feeder into the initial mold.
(4) Bulkhead: bulkhead is an accessory that completes the preliminary processing and molding after the glass solution falls into the preliminary mold and cooperates with the preliminary mold.
(5) Mouth mold: which is the mold for the shape of the bottle mouth and the tool for moving from the initial mold to the mold after the glass bottle is initially shaped.
(6) Pumping head: the pumping head is a tool for shaping the glass solution under the strong pressure of the air compressor after the glass product is initially formed and moved to the mold.
(7) Punch and core: the punch is a mold for shaping the bottle mouth of a large-mouth bottle (wide-mouth bottle), and the size of the punch affects the inner diameter of the bottle mouth. The core is a tool that affects the inner diameter of the mouth of the vial.
Precautions when processing
1. Environmental conditions
The temperature of the same environment should be maintained during the whole process of manufacturing the positive and negative molds of the glass bottle mold.
The influence of humidity on gel coat and resin curing is relatively large. The ideal humidity range is generally 40-60. If the relative humidity exceeds 65 when making glass bottle molds, you need to wait until Appropriate production conditions are required for construction, especially in coastal areas, where the humidity is relatively large, so careful selection is required.
2. Create a clean workshop
In a relatively dirty environment, it is impossible to manufacture a single glass bottle mold. The location where the male and female molds are manufactured should have a high degree of cleanliness and higher maintenance and management standards than the location where the products are produced. Therefore, at the beginning of manufacturing molds, it is necessary to do the cleaning and dust removal work of the environment in advance.
3. Pure and dry air source
A pure and dry air source is the main factor for the glass bottle mold at the manufacturing place. If the air in the air duct contains a small amount of oil or water, there will be a lot of pitting and pinholes on the surface of the mold gel coat, so It takes a lot of labor to repair, so quality of the mold will be greatly affected.
4. Selection of raw materials
This is an important condition for making molds because the cost of raw materials for making molds only occupies a small percentage of the overall cost, and it is impossible to save the use of product resins or expired raw materials and inferior materials to produce molds.
5. Have a reasonable molding time
Arranging a more reasonable molding schedule is one of the main factors in making a good glass bottle mold. Whether using traditional layup methods or choosing a new low-shrinkage system, the time required is determined by the chemical characteristics of these raw materials and will not adversely affect the mold.
Only by keeping the mold temperature within the range specified by the process, high-quality glass bottles can be produced. If you want to know more about the glass bottle manufacturing process after reading the above, we are happy to share some professional knowledge with you.
As a professional glass container manufacturer, we have a complete supply chain and can manufacture reliable and high-quality products for the food, beverage, personal care industry, etc. Our goal is to deliver One-Stop world-class packaging solutions that exceed your expectations, and service that is second to none. If you want to buy high-quality glass bottles and get more information about our customized service, please contact us immediately!