- Issue Time
If you want to learn how to properly sterilize glass bottles, you can find a lot of useful information in this article.
In order to ensure the safety of use, we need to conduct a full range of disinfection for newly purchased glass bottles. DAS Packaging has compiled the following three common methods of sterilizing glass bottles for you.
The safest disinfection method is suitable for foods that do not require heating and stored foods that are stored for a long time.
(1) Wash empty glass bottles and lids.
(2) Put the glass bottle horizontally into the pot, pour in cold water, just submerge the bottle with the amount of water, and then heat it over medium heat. Glass is more sensitive to temperature changes, so pour cold water into it and gradually heat up.
(3) After the water starts to boil, turn the heat to medium-low and cook for another 10 minutes. If the glass bottle is not completely submerged in water, you can flip the bottle body with a clamp to iron the bottle completely.
(4) After removing the bottle with a clamp, place it on a clean dishcloth or kitchen paper towel to dry. The moisture on the lid should also be completely removed.
Large bottles that cannot be boiled and sterilized in a pot can be sterilized with distilled spirits with high alcohol content (above 35°) or edible alcohol.
(1) After washing glass bottles with lids, let them dry.
(2) Soak the kitchen paper towel with alcohol, and carefully wipe the inside, outside, and cap of the glass bottle. Put the bottle upright on a kitchen towel to dry.
(3) For glass bottles with narrow necks, you can pour an appropriate amount of alcohol, and then shake them up and down for disinfection. After disinfection, put the bottle upright on a kitchen towel to dry.
It is suitable for storing heated ingredients and short-term storage foods. To prepare heat-resistant glass bottles that can be heated at high temperatures, the metal caps must be sterilized separately.
(1) After washing the glass bottle and lid, let it dry.
(2) Preheat the oven to 110℃, then put the glass bottle in the preheated oven and heat for 25-30 minutes.
(3) Put the bottle upright on top of kitchen towels and let cool.
In addition to paying attention to the correct methods of sterilizing glass bottles above, when storing foods, pay attention to expelling the air in the glass bottles. If there is air remaining in the bottle, the food material will deteriorate due to oxidation reaction, so it is best to exhaust the air in the bottle after filling the food material.
As a professional glass container and packaging manufacturer, we have won unanimous praise and trust from customers with high-quality products and considerate service. We have an experienced production team and a strict quality inspection system, which can control the quality of our products in an all-round way. At the same time, we will also provide corresponding customized services and effective solutions according to customer needs. If you want to buy our high-quality glass bottles, please contact us immediately!